If you have additional questions, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com
- Information Collected or Received
- We will not sell or disclose your name, email address or other personal information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this policy.
- As a SHOPLINE member you may elect to provide a valid email address at registration and choose a username or alias that may represent your identity on SHOPLINE. Depending on which services you choose to use, we may require additional information, such as billing address, telephone number, and/or a physical mailing address. We may contact individual users to confidentially request more information about their identities or items listed on the site, to ensure compliance with our rules and policies.
- You may optionally choose to provide your full name and other personal information (such as birthday, gender, location) to other users on SHOPLINE in connection to your account and activity.
Your username or alias is publicly displayed and connected to your SHOPLINE activity. Other people may see your date joined, feedback, ratings, profile information, listed items, liked items, followers and comments on SHOPLINE.
- We automatically receive and record some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data [Anything else we collect on the website or app?] about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps us analyse and understand how the site works for members and visitors, and provide a more personalised experience for members and visitors.
- Some members or visitors may connect to or register a SHOPLINE account using an external third-party application, such as Facebook. We may receive some data from those connected third-party applications. Connecting your SHOPLINE account to third-party applications or services is optional.
- We may receive or collect information (e.g. email address) about a person who is not yet a registered SHOPLINE member (a “non-member”) in connection with certain SHOPLINE features, including but not limited to: a non-member subscribing to a SHOPLINE newsletter, a member inviting a non-member to visit the Site or to download the App onto their mobile device, or a non-member engaging in a transaction. Non-member information is used only for the purpose for which it was originally submitted to us. A non-member can contact SHOPLINE Support if they do not want SHOPLINE to retain any of their information.
- We use the information described in this policy to provide and improve our services, for billing and payments, for identification and authentication purposes, to contact members or interested parties, and for general research and aggregate reporting.
SHOPLINE’s User Agreement require all account owners to be at least 18 years of age (or have the permission and supervision of a responsible parent or legal guardian), therefore, this policy does not discuss use of our site or services by minors.
- Special Note to Children
- Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use SHOPLINE unsupervised and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use SHOPLINE in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.
- Choice of how we use your information
- We gives you the choice of providing, editing or removing certain information, as well as choice over how we contact you.
You may change or correct your SHOPLINE account information and SHOPLINE profile information (except your username). You may remove certain optional information you no longer wish to be publicly visible, such as your full name.
- For various reasons, SHOPLINE may contact you about our services or your activity. Some of these messages are required, service-related messages for members. Other messages are not required, and you can control which optional messages you choose to receive by contacting SHOPLINE Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have optionally connected your account to an external, third-party application, such as Facebook, you can remove permission for such external third-party application by changing your account settings.
If you no longer wish to use the services available on SHOPLINE or receive service-related messages, you may close your account by notifying SHOPLINE Support via email at [email@example.com].
- Our Use of Your Information
- We use your personal information to facilitate the services you request. We use your personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on SHOPLINE to: (i) resolve disputes; (ii) troubleshoot problems; (iii) help promote safe trading; (iv) collect fees owed; (v) measure consumer interest in our products and services; (vi) inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; (vii) customise your experience; (viii) detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; (vix) enforce our User Agreement; and (x) as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. At times, we may look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your personal information to identify users using multiple user IDs or aliases. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
- You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyse usage of the Site and the App, improve our content and product offerings, and customize the SHOPLINE’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve SHOPLINE and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using SHOPLINE.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. Your SHOPLINE account information is protected by a password. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access of your account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and computer secure by signing out after using our services.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Data Retention
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide you services, you may close your SHOPLINE account. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it periodically. We’ll communicate changes by posting a notice on the site. If we make material changes to this policy you will be notified here, by email, or other places we deem appropriate.
- Contact us
If you have questions or suggestions you can contact SHOPLINE’s support team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.